IFA’s Crabgrass Preventer + Lawn Food gives your turf a strong start for months of thick, emerald grass that will leave your neighbors green with envy.
This early-spring 23-3-8 lawn fertilizer combines key nutrients with pre-emergent herbicide. Nitrogen promotes fast green-up, while added iron helps grass develop the energy-producing green chlorophyll it needs after being dormant over the winter.
Phosphorus supports strong root growth, potassium helps your grassy turf resist drought and disease, while the preemergence herbicide prevents early turf-invaders like crabgrass, spurge and other grassy weeds. And unlike other fertilizers, IFA’s Crabgrass Preventer + Lawn Food is locally-formulated specifically for the soil and seasonal conditions of the intermountain west area.
When to Apply & How Often
Apply IFA Crabgrass Preventer + Lawn Food once annually between February and April. We recommend using this fertilizer as step 1 in your IFA 4Plus lawn care program alongside IFA Bountiful Earth Humate soil conditioner for the best results.
GET MORE DETAILS ON APPLYING IFA CRABGRASS PREVENTER + LAWN FOOD
- Prevents crabgrass, spurge and other early weeds before they germinate
- Effective against 30 of the most common grassy and broadleaf weeds
- Long-residual preemergent stops weeds for up to 4 months
- Non-staining iron boosts green chlorophyll production without leaving rust marks on walkways or driveways
- Seasonally optimized blend of 23-3-8 nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium
- Recommended application time: February–April
- Combine with IFA Bountiful Earth Humate to optimize nutrient use for lasting health
- Step 1 of IFA’s 4Plus four-step lawn care program
- 25 lb bag covers up to 5,000 sq ft, 50 lb bag covers up to 10,000 sq ft
- IFA Co-op Advantage product
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR 4PLUS TOTAL LAWN CARE PROGRAM
Available at all IFA Country Stores and select IFA Dealers. Selection varies by store, contact store for availability.