Helps prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers
Contains two important nutrients that plants need: Calcium (Ca) and Nitrogen (N). Hi-Yield Calcium Nitrate is used primarily in vegetable gardens, particularly for Tomatoes and Peppers, in the prevention of Blossom End Rot.
Blossom End Rot is a common problem with tomatoes. It is a physiological disorder (not a disease) caused by a lack of calcium. When fruits are enlarging rapidly, sufficient amounts of calcium fail to reach the end of the fruit resulting in a deficiency of calcium in the developing fruit.
Use as a Soil (Side Dress) Application or as a Foliar Spray.
- Soil (Side Dress) apply to the soil at the rate of 1 cup per 50 ft. of row or 1 level tsp. per each plant
- Apply to the root growing area of the plant avoiding direct contact with the plant
- Do not apply within 2 inches of the plant stem
- Water in after application
- A second application 2 weeks after the initial application is recommended
- Subsequent applications may be made as needed
Selection varies by store, contact store for availability.